Friday, May 18, 2012

Oxygen Therapy Devices

Oxygen Therapy Equipment/Devices
A. Variable Performance Devices à low flow devices (not flow per meter, be careful), do not supply all the insp. Flow demands of the patient.
·         Nasal cannula (prongs)
·         Nasal catheter
·         Masks (simple, partial rebreathing mask, non-rebreathing mask)
·         Trach collar
·         Oxygen tent (canopy)
Percent oxygen varies depend on pt’s resp pattern like volume and rate, fit, flow rate, peak insp flow rate (normal is 25-35lpm, when distress may go to 60lpm)
B. Fixed Performance Devices à High air flow oxygen enrichment (HAFOE) devices
·         Venturi mask (Air entrainment mask)
·         T-tube flowby (Briggs adaptor)
·         CPAP system
·         Oxyhood (for baby)
·         Ventilator
C.  O2 devices:

Name

LPM

Oxygen Percentage
(appox.)
Nasal Cannula/catheter
1 – 6 lpm
24 – 44%, add 4% per liter  as ↑
Simple Mask
5 – 10 lpm (min to put on 5lpm to prevent CO2 to build up)
35 – 50%
*Partial Rebreathing Mask
8 lpm or greater
Up to 60%
*Non Rebreathing Mask
8 lpm or greater
Up to 70%
*Note: Set the rate that allow the bag to collapse no greater than ½ during inspiration


Oxy-hood w/ heated humidifier or nebulizer
7 lpm or greater ( to prevent CO2 accumulation)
21 – 100%
Trach Collar
8 - 12 lpm

Face Shield (tent)
8 - 12 lpm

Aerosol mask
8 - 12 lpm

T-tube assembly or Briggs
8 – 12 lpm

Venturi Mask (Entrainment msk)
Lpm varies
O2 percentage is constant
24%, 28%, 35%, 50% have to use exact  amount
Oxygen Tent (croup)
12 – 15 lpm
21 to 40% & 50%


3 comments:

  1. Am here to let the whole world know that I was diagnose of herpes 3 years ago where all hope was lost and I had nothing to do about it,I just accepted the faith that one day I will cure of this disease and I just pray everyday for a helper and one day my sister introduce me to a herbal doctor man called Dr Aire that she saw him on internet well I contact him on his email,I was not fully convinced until he sent me the herbal medicine which he ask me to take for two weeks I took it with faith and i went for a retest in different hospitals and today am cured of this disease and am also using this medium to let all those having STD,like herpes and the rest not to give up,their is a man who can cure you,his name is Dr Aire . contact the great herbalist via his email; (drairehome@gmail.com) or /WhatsApp +2347036740271 ..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with asthma; I suffered sinus and respiratory infections my entire life. I started smoking at 16. When I was in my early 40s, my asthma was becoming increasingly worse. I was diagnosed with COPD at age 47. I am now 55. I quit smoking four years ago. The disease does not improve. My good days were far, i was scared that i wont survive it but i was so lucky to receive a herbal products from my step father who bought it while coming from South Africa for Rugby league, this herbal remedies saved me from this disease, at first it helps fight the symptoms of diseases and i was seeing good outcome, i had to use it for 13 weeks just as they Dr was prescribed and i was totally cure of asthma and COPD, (multivitamincare org ) do not hesitate to purchase from them they deliver across worldwide.

    ReplyDelete